• Breaking News

    Srinagar Encounter: Families to approach telecom operators, police to seek ‘digital evidence’



    SRINAGAR: The families of three youth, killed in HMT encounter earlier this week, are going to approach telecom operators and police to seek digital evidence and other details which according to the latter proved their connection with militancy.

    The three families hailing from south Kashmir said that they will verify all the call details of their slain sons and their mobile locations with the telecom department to verify the allegations made by the security agencies.

    Last week, both Police and Army described the three youth killed in the Srinagar encounter as 'militants' and 'hardcore associates'.

    So far the families have maintained their stance as they are alleging that the entire episode was a “staged encounter.”

    Interestingly, out of the three killed, two belonged to police families.

    One of the killed youth Aijaz is a son of a police head constable, while as two brothers, of another (Zubair) killed in the encounter, works as policemen.

    Mohammad Altaf Lone, brother of Zubair from Turkawangam  Shopian told Rising Kashmir that their family will approach the telecom operators and police on Monday to verify the call details and other things.

    “Our family is going to verify each and every detail regarding the case. We will visit the concerned telecom operator’s office. If they will provide details, we will share them with the media,” he said.

    Lone said, if police is claiming Zubair was a hardcore militant associate, then he might have called other associates as well and we will verify those details to satisfy ourselves.

    He reiterated that his brother was ‘innocent’.

    He said that there are many other questions that are yet to be answered.

    “We need an impartial investigation in the case. If the police would prove along with substantial evidence that Zubair was involved in militancy then we will also accept,” he assured.

    The other two families from Belou and Patrigam villages of Pulwama district, whose kins were killed in the encounter, said the same thing.

    The families said that they would also approach the telecom department and police to verify the details provided so far to them.

    Mohammad Maqbool Ganai, father of one of youths killed in the encounter said, “Some people in the village have also seen my son around 2:30 pm near Government Degree College Pulwama. There are many questions raised in our minds. We just want to get digital evidence from telecom operators and police,’ he said.

    He said he shall approach the telecom operator and police to verify the details that are being projected to connect his son with militancy.

    Ganai, who works with JKP, said his son will not come back and now the family has only one demand that the body of Aijaz should be handed over to them,” he said.

    The second family from Belou village, Pulwama also demanded the same that the bodies should be handed over to them.

    Police on Friday claimed that they had verified and cross-checked through modern techniques including records of the telecom department that Zubair Ahmad Lone had gone first to Pulwama. From there to Anantnag, then to Shopian to Pulwama and finally came to a place of occurrence.

    “Both Aijaz Maqbool Ganai and Athar Wani had gone to Hyderpora and then moved to the incident spot,” the police spokesman said.

    Inspector General of Police, Kashmir Vijay Kumar said that he has no information about the case as he is on holiday.

    He asked to call DGP police for the comments.

    However, DGP Jammu and Kashmir Dilbagh Singh was not available for comments on the issue.


    No comments